1) Booking Fee: A non refundable booking fee of £100 is required for booking Barry & Lou Photography, in addition to a signed contract, to reserve your chosen wedding date. This should be paid in by BAC’s bank transfer. Upon receipt of payment and your signed contract, Barry & Lou Photography will be the sole photographer for your day and will not book any other weddings on that day.
2) Balance Payment: The balance payment is to be made not later than 30 days prior to the Wedding Ceremony. It is the Clients responsibility to make this payment when the monies are due. If the Client does not pay in full within the 30 days prior to the wedding, Barry & Lou Photography reserves the right to treat this as a cancellation under the agreed Terms and Conditions. Change requests to packages may be accepted after booking confirmation, at the discretion of Barry & Lou Photography; although it could incur an additional cost over and above the package itself. Payment for wedding reprints is made after the wedding at the time of ordering.
3) Package Prices: (Details available separate to Terms & Conditions) Package prices will have been advised and you will have agreed to these by making a booking. Any extras you may select over and above the standard packages will need to be agreed at this stage. Should your wedding run late and significantly disrupt the photographer’s schedule Barry & Lou Photography reserves the right to consider charging for any additional time spent.
4) Photo Presentation: Your wedding photos will be available on a USB Stick typically within four to five weeks of your wedding date.
5) Copyright: The 1998 Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act assigns copyright to Barry & Lou Photography. By purchasing your wedding photos on a DVD, Barry & Lou Photography, gives you the ability and freedom to copy the photographs and distribute them freely. However you cannot sell the photos, pass them off as your own, or allow others to sell them or pass them off as there own.
6) Exclusivity: Barry & Lou Photography shall be the sole professional (still) photographer(s) at the venues specified. Family, friends, and other guests are encouraged to take photographs throughout the day as long as they do not interfere with the photographer’s duties. Barry & Lou Photography reserves the right to use your images for any form of advertising to promote the company. The Client hereby allows The Photographer(s) to display any image(s) included in this contract in their studios, portfolio’s, literature, wedding exhibitions, website, advertising and publications.
7) Photography: The Photographer(s) shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used. The Photographers’ judgement regarding the locations, poses and number of images taken shall be deemed correct. Barry & Lou Photography cannot be held responsible for the photography sessions being disrupted or images not captured as a result of adverse weather conditions, church, reception or hotel restrictions and willingness of subjects. The photographer cannot guarantee any specific image nor incorporate any specific background or group arrangement but will endeavour to meet your needs as detailed during your pre wedding consultation.
8 ) Force Majeure: In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, injury or sickness beyond our control, our liability shall be limited to a full refund of all monies paid. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss. Your statutory rights are not affected. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged, lost, stolen or as a result of possible camera and/or computer malfunction.
9) Images: All image sizes are nominal. The Photographer(s) will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres Barry & Lou Photography will store images for up to a minimum of 1 year as part of this contract. Liability would be limited in the event of images being destroyed through fire, flood, or other means including theft, whether accidental or deliberate. The client may order unlimited prints for personal use but not for any commercial purposes. (see item 5)
10) Wedding Album: All albums, proofs, disks etc should be collected in person from Barry & Lou Photography. Deliveries using postal services are not guaranteed and would become the responsibility of the client in the event of a loss. We will take no responsibility for albums that have incorrect images due to client ordering error. The photographer will not be held responsible for customer disappointment of agreed album and images as long as they are technically acceptable and will face no liability. We reserves the right to compile albums not requested after 2 months from your wedding date, will hold these for collection up to a maximum of 2 months, after which time they will be disposed of. Clients should be aware that colour dyes in photography may fade or discolour over a period of time due to inherent quality of dyes and insufficient care and preservation of prints and albums. The photographer will not be held responsible for damage of albums and prints that were dispatched undamaged. The photographer will not be liable for degradation of images due to poor handling and insufficient care. All albums need to be kept at room temperature.
11) Cancellation: The Client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to Barry & Lou Photography but in doing so shall attract a cancellation fee as detailed below. Client cancellations attract the following charges as a percentage of the total fee to compensate for loss of income to Barry & Lou Photography:- Cancellations less than 60 days to the date of the ceremony – 100% of total fee Cancellations between 61-90 days to the date of the ceremony – 75% of total fee Cancellations over 91 days to the date of the ceremony – 50% of total fee Non-payment of the final balance 30 days prior to the wedding date constitutes a breach of contract from client and thus a cancellation.
12) Client Responsibilities: Any announcement made that will affect your photography on the day, timings, venues etc should be notified as soon as possible in writing to Barry & Lou Photography. Any circumstances not bought to our attention that affect the outcome of the wedding photography will not be the responsibility of Barry & Lou Photography. A map should be provided if necessary to prevent photographer getting lost, contact details of all vendors and head usher should be provided. Barry & Lou Photography will not be held responsible for being misinformed.
13) Pricing and Website details: Web site details, services, products and pricing are all valid at time of writing. They are subject to alteration without notice. We regret that any site errors (pricing or otherwise) cannot be honored, but will be corrected as soon as possible. I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions (pages 1&2) and understand the service and product provided with my chosen wedding package.
14) Number of photographers: Barry & Lou Photography consists of 2 photographers Barry and Louise, however we cannot guarantee both photographers will be present on your day, in case of sickness etc. We will provide at least one photographer, and more often than not two, but in rare occasions of sickness we will inform as soon as possible.